SENIOR VFX ARTIST
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Senior VFX Artist to join our talented development team located in the Seattle Area. Tired of being a small cog in a big machine? Midwinter is a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. Here, your work will make a lasting impact on the games we make.
Can you create beautiful and performant visual effects for games? Do you have a technical mind and artistic chops? Are you experienced in real-time graphics, lighting and shaders? Have you worked in Unreal Engine before?
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will create visual effects for the weapons, dynamic weather and fantastic sci-tech elements in the beautiful, dystopic world of Scavengers. You will work with an experienced team with a lot of drive and energy. You will be supported with beautiful concept art, technology and content being developed at top art outsourcing studios. Your work will directly contribute to the success of our first title, Scavengers.
- Produce a variety of benchmark-quality visual effects using UE4.
- Plan outsourcing assignments, review and approve incoming work from Outsource Partners for consistency and quality.
- Work closely with other developers to create and continually improve VFX best practices across the game and studio.
- Optimize VFX content for game clarity, ease-of-production and performance.
- Previous game industry experience.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience, specifically in Cascade, Blueprint, Material Authoring and Dynamic Lighting.
- Visual effects skills and attention to detail as demonstrated in a portfolio reel.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime content, lighting and materials.
- Time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.