SENIOR VFX ARTIST
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Senior VFX Artist to join our talented development team located in the Seattle Area. Tired of being a small cog in a big machine? Midwinter is a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. Here, your work will make a lasting impact on the games we make.
Are you an expert in creating beautiful, high impact and highly performant visual effects for games? Do you have world-class technical and artistic chops? Are you a real-time graphics, lighting and shader wizard? Have you worked in Unreal Engine before?
As a Senior VFX Artist, using Unreal Engine 4, you will help create performant visual effects for the weapons, intense weather and fantastic sci-tech elements in the beautiful, dystopic world of Scavengers. You will work with a highly experienced team with a lot of drive and energy. You will be supported with incredible concept art, technology and content being developed at some of the worlds top art outsourcing studios. Your work will directly contribute to the success of our first title, Scavengers.
- Produce a variety of benchmark-quality visual effects using UE4.
- Plan outsourcing assignments, review and approve incoming work from Outsource Partners for consistency and quality.
- Work closely with other developers to create and continually improve VFX best practices across the game and studio.
- Optimize VFX content for game clarity, ease-of-production and performance.
- 5+ years of game industry experience.
- Advanced Unreal Engine 4 experience, specifically in Cascade, Blueprint, Material Authoring and Dynamic Lighting.
- Incredible attention to detail, and visual effects skills as demonstrated in a world-class portfolio.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime content, lighting and materials.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.