LIGHTING ARTIST (CONTRACT)
Midwinter is looking for an experienced Lighting Artist to work onsite with our talented development team located in the Seattle Area. We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome.
Do you have world-class technical and artistic chops? Do you have expert knowledge in real-time photography? Are you a seasoned collaborator? Have you worked in Unreal Engine before?
As a Lighting Artist, you will develop the look of our dynamic environment, sky, weather and fog systems in the beautiful, dystopic world of Scavengers. This is a highly technical position that requires hands-on development in UE4 Blueprint and the Material Editor. You will optimize for performance across a wide variety of devices. You will work with a highly experienced team with a lot of drive and energy. Your work will directly contribute to the success of our first title, Scavengers.
- Develop the lighting of our dynamic environment, sky, weather and fog systems in UE4 Blueprint and the Material Editor.
- Optimize lighting systems for game clarity, unit recognition, ease-of-production and high performance.
- Work closely with other developers to create and continually improve lighting best practices across the game and studio.
- Generate high quality assets for use in Marketing, Promotional and Social Media.
- 5+ years of game industry experience.
- Advanced Unreal Engine 4 experience, specifically in Blueprint, Material Authoring and Dynamic Lighting.
- Incredible attention to detail, lighting and photography skills as demonstrated in a world-class portfolio.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime lighting and materials.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.