SENIOR GAME DESIGNER - PLAYER INVESTMENT
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Senior Game Designer to join our talented Games-as-a-Service team located in the Seattle Area. Tired of being a small cog in a big machine? Midwinter is a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. Here, your work will make a lasting impact on the games we make.
Are you experienced in creating and designing immersive game economies, experiences and loops that tie a game’s systems together? Designing for the ‘long-term’ player experience? Are you passionate about sustaining player engagement, ensuring that titles can be enjoyed by players for many years to come?
As our Senior Game Designer you would build a robust and scalable game economy with long-term player engagement in mind, creating a robust inventory and upgrade system that allows for players long-term growth, all within the context of a live game as a service. Understanding all aspects of the game’s design, stretching from moment-to-moment gameplay through to the high-level metagame.
- Designing economies, inventories and upgrade systems.
- Work with the foresight to create a “1000 hour” experience, creating an environment of repeatable experiences that always put the player first.
- Work closely with other developers to ensure that these systems are not an after-thought, but a part of the core games design.
- You’ve shipped at least one live game in a Systems Design / Game Designer.
- You have experience operating a successful free to play live game economy.
- You have mastery of utilizing spreadsheets to design, model, and adjust large inventory and progression systems that are directly related to shaping gameplay.
- You possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
- Action / Shooter game experience is a plus.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.