SENIOR GAME DESIGNER - GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS
In this critical design role as a Senior Game Designer (Gameplay Systems) is to build, iterate, and refine the moment-to-moment gameplay for an evolving multiplayer experience. You will use a combination of player feedback, gameplay data and design intuition to tune, balance and constantly improve core gameplay systems. .
You will join a tight-knit team of passionate developers as we support the needs and desires of our growing community. The work you do to understand and deliver on the vision for our game as a fair, fun, deep, and rewarding experience will be key to ensuring that Scavengers can be enjoyed by players for many years to come.
- Work in engine to build and iterate on core gameplay systems, including character movement, weapons, abilities and action verbs.
- Develop and refine playable characters from prototype through production and into release as part of an evolving sandbox experience.
- Collaborate closely with other team members to make the core gameplay loop shine.
- Gather feedback from internal and external playtests to inform tuning, balance and other changes to gameplay systems.
- Maintain a deep understanding of all aspects of the game’s design, stretching from moment-to-moment gameplay through to the high-level metagame.
- You have experience as a combat, sandbox, or gameplay systems designer with at least two shipped games under your belt.
- You have experience designing, implementing and tuning core gameplay systems for Action / Shooter games.
- You care deeply about the moment-to-moment gameplay experience.
- You are technically-minded and unafraid of diving into complex systems.
- You possess highly developed communication and collaboration skills.
- Unreal Engine experience preferred.
- Scripting or coding experience preferred.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.