TECHNICAL UI DESIGNER
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Technical UI Designer to join our talented development team, based in Seattle but currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast.
We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome in the Unreal Engine. If you are passionate about UI design, enjoy visual scripting and have a great looking design portfolio, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Technical UI Designer, your role is to implement a wide variety of great looking UI components, screens, flows and widgets for our first game, Scavengers. You will use UMG Designer and Blueprint in Unreal Engine 4, and will optimize your work for performance, accessibility and inclusive design. You will work with an experienced team with a lot of drive and energy.
- Implement, develop and optimize UI content in Unreal Engine using UMG Designer and Blueprint.
- Design UI components, screens, flows and widgets for key game features and systems.
- Develop deep empathy for our community and use their input and data to inform design solutions.
- Work closely with other developers and designers to create and continually improve UI across the game.
- Recent Unreal Engine 4 and Game Industry experience.
- UI design experience and attention to detail, as demonstrated in a great looking design portfolio.
- Understanding and appreciation of UX principles as they relate to UI.
- Working knowledge of industry tools: UE4 UMG and Blueprint, Visual Scripting, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.