PRINCIPAL ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Environment Artist to join our talented development team! We are based in Seattle, but currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast. This is a Principal level position that requires technical knowledge and shipped game experience in Unreal Engine 4.
We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. If you are passionate about beautiful environments, have a great looking portfolio and often find yourself getting under the hood in UE4, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Principal Environment Artist, you will partner directly with designers, artists and engineers to develop and optimize the beautiful frozen wasteland in Scavengers. You will be working directly in Unreal Engine 4 editor with special attention on the Material Editor, Foliage Tools, Landscape Materials and in Blueprint.
- Generate benchmark quality, highly performant realtime Assets and Materials in UE4.
- Review and optimize environment art for high performance on a wide array of GPU's.
- Plan outsourcing assignments, review and approve incoming work from Outsource Partners for consistency and quality.
- Work closely with many disciplines on a small, nimble and highly experienced team.
- Solid understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime content in large, streamed worlds.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, with attention towards Landscapes, Foliage, Collision Systems, Material Editor, Node Based Shader Construction and Blueprint Design.
- Experience developing tools to support Procedurally Generated Content.
- Attention to detail and beauty as demonstrated in a world-class art portfolio.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience supporting environment art in a live, operating service is a plus.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.