CHARACTER TECHNICAL ARTIST
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Character Technical Artist to join our talented development team! We are based in Seattle, but currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast. This positions requires deep technical knowledge of both hard surface and organic skinning, and shipped game experience in Unreal Engine 4.
We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. If you are passionate about beautiful environments, have a great looking portfolio and often find yourself getting under the hood in UE4, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Character Technical Artist, you will rig, skin and optimize hard surface and organic assets, and create tools for artists and animators. You will be working in both Maya and Unreal Engine 4, with special attention on the UE4 Animation Tools, Physics and Blueprint.
- Create rigs and generate skin weights for complex hard surface and organic assets.
- Review and optimize art for high performance on a wide array of PC/console hardware.
- Solve a wide array of technical problems and create tools for artists and animators in UE4 and Maya.
- Work closely with many disciplines on a small, nimble and highly experienced team.
- Recent experience in Unreal Engine 4, with focus on Skeletal Meshes, Character Animation, Blueprint and Physics.
- Extensive experience in Maya, or similar 3D package.
- Deep understanding of scripting languages (Blueprint, Python/MEL preferred).
- Experience developing tools to support animation and artist workflows.
- Attention to detail and beauty as demonstrated by a world class portfolio.
- Interest in processing motion capture data and procedural content generation a plus.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.