LEAD QA ENGINEER
As our in-house QA lead, you will lead the development of a small, experienced group that is directly integrated with the rest of our studio team. As a Senior QA Analyst, you'll have significant autonomy and the opportunity to directly collaborate with many other teams. You’ll be a trusted partner and considered the "subject matter expert" on quality, and you'll provide other developers with guidance and input on the root cause of bugs, and collaborate to find a solution. Ultimately, the work you do will radically improve the player experience!
- Writing test plans and proactively identifying areas for additional testing based on broader project objectives.
- Guiding QA Testers and Analysts by planning/directing/writing test scripts.
- Triage and investigating bugs based on their impact on the player and project.
- Liaising directly with other teams to resolve bugs and meet quality standards.
- Collaboratively improving the QA process across all QA channels.
- Maintaining tactful, respectful, and diplomatic communication with all team members and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Avid gamer with experience testing software OR experience testing a game.
- Highly detail-oriented and diligent about managing bugs from investigation to follow-up.
- Strong self-management skills including time management and prioritization.
- Experience with web-based issue tracking software (JIRA, DevTrack, etc.).
- Experience liaising/collaborating across multiple disciplines (developers, QA, players).
- Proactive, with a strong drive to improve processes.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people who believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.